Installing a firewall on your router as well as your PC can be beneficial for your router as it protects them from various cyber-attacks. Sometimes we need to disable the firewall of the router due to fixing conflicts between the firewall of operating system and the router. Read the steps to Disable Wireless Router Firewall by Netgear Support experts are given below.
Procedure For How to Disable Wireless Router Firewall
Procedure 1: Find the Default Gateway and IP Address of Netgear Router
- Input “cmd” in the search field at start menu.
- Then input “ipconfig /all” in the search field.
- The default gateway and IP addresses will be situated in the IP configuration details.
- The default gateway and IP address are displayed.
- The next step is to access web interface of Netgear router by using the default gateway.
Procedure 2: Disabling the Firewall of Router
- Find the firewall settings of your router.
- The firewall settings are displayed in the advanced firewall menu of web interface of the router.
- Then disable the firewall.
- When you find the firewall settings on web interface of your router then highlight the alternative or tick in the box named “Disable” to turn off the router’s firewall.
- The final step is to click at yes if asked to verify the changes.
- Congratulations! The firewall is disabled.
Why You Should Call Us?
Dial our toll-free number +1-800-335-8177 any time, round the clock to get quick online remote assistance for all the technical problems related to the Netgear Routers. If you are looking to contact Netgear Router Customer Support to resolve your problem, please get in touch with our Netgear Router support team to get the best customer support service at highly reasonable charges.
We understand that technology is designed to make our lives simpler; it can also be a continuous source of tension and headaches when it doesn’t work properly. To get rid of this trouble our world class online tech support service provides 24*7*365 technical support for your home or business technical requirements.