Before we discuss solutions to fix Netgear managed switch firmware upgrade issues, let us first know what is it? Netgear Managed Switch is a kind of Pro Safe Web switches and is known for an upgrade from unmanaged switches. These are a kind of plug-and-play features for easy deployment process which additionally supports configuration as well as monitoring features via web browser-based GUI.
Steps to fix Netgear managed switch firmware upgrade issue are as follows
Step 1: The first step is to upgrade the firmware which should be the latest file from Netgear and a Netgear utility installed on user’s PC. One needs to enter the product name in the search box.
Step 2: Select needed downloads from your NETGEAR website. To fix Netgear managed switch firmware upgrade issue, it is necessary to conduct search results including Smart wizard Utility as well as Smart Control Center (SCC). These are original as well as current NETGEAR switch management features.
Step 3: users will come across multiple versions of the firmware. Now, click on the search result which will open up a new window asking users to accept responsibility for various consequences to install the firmware. Once done, get access to the next window which will appears for registration.
Step 4: Here the downloaded zip file will consist of .stk file. However one needs to upgrade for all needed switches from the SCC utility. To do this, follow below instructions as suggested by Netgear router support technicians:
- Start the SCC and wait for at-least seconds to discover various switches around the network.
- Click on “Maintenance tab” and tap “Firmware” icon.
- Select switch which users wish to upgrade and click on “Download Firmware button”. This will open a file browser from where users have selected the downloaded .stk file.
- At the bottom of the screen, users will come across default settings needed to download “Primary Storage” and also to run various new firmware immediately after
- Switch to the ‘Tasks tab” where users will come across a file transfer in progress state. This is the point where every transfer will succeed.
- Once a successful file transfer is done, the switch will automatically reboot. Wait for –at-least few minutes before refreshing your display in SCC. Users need to check whether switches are displaying the latest firmware version or not?
For more queries, connect with our technicians and get world-class solutions at your desk!
We are reachable for customers 24/7 hours at Dial 1-800-335-8177 Netgear router support number to bring them effective solutions for every issue arising in the device. Tech support team is backed by sound knowledge where they possess full capability to resolve issues by applying suitable solutions. Place a call at our end and experience solutions like never before.