NetGear is one of the best wireless routers available in the market. It is an innovator product and gamers, programmers and developers appreciate it for its super-fast wireless connectivity and tremendous speed. It is affordable and has a wide range of models as well. However, it is not flawless. Like every device, it also faces some issues, and NetGear Router error 651 is one of them.
This hitch occurs when the modem reports an alert and the WiFi connection ceases temporarily. Though there are feasible solutions, it is better to know about the origin of the issue to protect the device from future invasions.
In the article, we will teach you how to fix NetGear Router error code 651 with useful techniques. We will also provide our tech support details in case you need it.
Often, it’s really frustrating to Fix Netgear Router Error Code 651, for users at the right time. Error Code 651 certainly ranks as one of the more common issues of the Netgear Router Error Codes. Many numbers of users come across this type of error when they try to establish an internet connection using PPPoE connections. It’s really important to solve Error Code 651 before anything wrong happens with your Netgear Router. So, if you are facing the same Error Code 651: The modem (or the other connecting device) has reported an error and usually the message will be titled as “Connection failed with error 651”. Then understanding the reasons for the Error Code 651 is required for you, and what steps you should take to resolve the issue can have you back on track or accessing the Internet connection service with your newly Netgear Router is crucial for you. This error occurs due to various reasons such as when the Raspppoe.sys file has been saved in the wrong location, Registry errors, IP address conflict, and so on. Well, here the below mention blog solutions will guide you in the appropriate way to solve the issue easily, or you can connect to Netgear Router Support Number for resolving this issue with easy online help by proficient professionals.
Know About The NetGear Router Error 651
NetGear Router error 651 usually occurs due to a faulty network connection. This complication usually happens when-
- The modem or other connecting services report an error
- Wrong registry files affect the function of the router
- Miniature drive port files ‘Raspppoe. Sys’ are mediators that connect the hardware to the device. If those files are saved in the wrong place, such error will appear.
- If you are using the wrong IP address for the site, then this problem will come up.
Solutions to Fix Netgear Router Error Code 651:-
Solution 1:-Reconnect Your Router or Other Connecting Device
This is the most basic troubleshooting step, and everyone can simply solve this error by just reconnecting the internet connecting device. So if you are using a router then simply turn off your router and after 5 minutes, turn it on or if you are using LAN connection then unplug the wire and plug it back.
Solution 2:-Reset TCP/IP On Your PC.
You should try resetting the Windows networking stack can solve error 651 and luckily windows 8/7/Vista comes with a built-in tool you can use.
Follow the below steps to do this thing:-
- First, launch a command prompt with the administrative right.
- Then copy the command “netsh int ip reset reset.log ”.
- Then press “Enter” key.
- Restart your computer.
After this step, sure your issue is fixed. If not, then go to the next method.
Solution 3:- Recreating Dial-Up Connection
Might be your internet connecting device get hanged during the connection. So the best solution to fix the issue is to recreate your dial-up connection. Then simply right click your “Dial-Up” or “Broad band connection” and then choose “create a copy” and then delete your existing connection.
Follow these steps to do this task:-
- Open “Network & Sharing Center” and click on “Change Adapter Setting”.
- Next, right click your broadband or dial-up connection and select “Create Copy” option.
- Next, it will create a copy of your existing connection.
- Now simply delete your old connection and redial the new connection.
Related Blog: How to Fix Netgear Router Overheating Error ?
Solution 4:- Boot the Computer in Safe mode. Disable Antivirus software.
It is suggested by the Netgear Router tech support team to boot the computer in safe mode with the networking and check if you are able to connect to the internet without any issues, safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don’t run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.
Follow the steps to boot the computer in safe mode with networking:-
- Restart your computer if it is powered on.
- Then hit “F8” key after your computer initially powers on.
- Once you see the “Advanced Boot Options” menu you can stop tapping.
- Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
- Choose “Safe Mode” with Networking and press “Enter” key.
- Wait for some time, while drivers loading.
- Then you will see a Welcome Screen.
- Next, login to your computer using an account with “Administrator privileges”.
If this step fails then try to Disabling Firewall/Security Software if any.
Solution 5:- Perform Clean Boot
- Go to start and search for “msconfig.exe”.
- Click it to launch windows configuration.
- Now under general tab click on “Selective startup: and select Load startup items.
- Now switch to “Services” tab and check “Hide all Microsoft services”.
- After that, you just need to click on “Disable” all to disable all other services.
- Now simply just restart your PC to perform a clean boot.
Alternate Ways To Fix Netgear Router Error Code 651 In Simple Procedures
The reasons behind the NetGear Router error 651 can be numerous. But there are simple procedures which can help you to settle the fallacy quickly. As the initial step, troubleshoot the problem by re-connecting the router or another internet connecting agent. For this, switch off the NetGear router and after a brief period turn it on. In case there is a LAN connection, detach the wire and plug it again.
- The second solution is to reset the Windows networking stack to resolve NetGear Router error 651. Enter a command prompt and copy it on the clipboard. Click the Enter button and restart your laptop.
- You can recreate the connection lines by clicking on the ‘broadband connection.’ Then create a duplicate and remove the old connection. First, go to the ‘Network and Sharing Centre’ and change the settings of the adapter.
- Then click the dial-up connection and create a duplicate copy.
- Now remove the previous connection and set the new dial-up.
- Pause the security software for the time being. Then boot the device in safe mode. Safe mode will detect any malware, virus or any other glitch. If the NetGear router works with the internet connection, then code 651 will be removed. In the beginning, restart the P.C and press ‘F8’ button for a brief period.
- You will find the boot options. With the help of arrow keys(up and down), highlight the area and select the Safe Mode option.
- Click the Enter button and wait till the drivers are loading. Once the process is over, Windows Home Page will appear.
- Now use the “Administrative Privileges” icon for logging in to the user account.
- Performing a rebooting programme is the last solution for removing code 651.
Hopefully, your Netgear Router Error Code 651 solve.
In case, if this Error still appears, then you should contact the Netgear customer service number to take specialist help & guidance.
Dial Netgear Customer Support Number To Receive Fast Resolutions & Help:-
If the NetGear Router error 651 persists, it is high time to seek help from our trained experts. Our support providers have been in this business for a very long time and use advanced knowledge to resolve all technical glitches. We also sustain our commitment of 100% customer satisfaction. Our engineers diagnose every hindrance with attention and care. They provide solutions only after thorough research. So, you can trust us for probable answers.
We provide services through offline and online modes. We are affordable and do not keep our clients waiting. We offer calling, texting, emailing and live chatting options for the customers to connect better. Our support services also have the pick and drop facility for hardware related issues. Whatever the procedure may be, dial our helpline number, and our assistants will hear you out.
If the phone lines keep you waiting, choose the emailing service and type in your doubts to the address. Our technical aid will reach you right away.
Owing to our vast customer base, we also offer live chat option where the client can directly talk with the professional for top-notch support. Choose any medium you want to contact us.
You can call at Netgear Customer Care Support Phone Number +1-800-335-8177 anytime from anywhere, which is available 24x/365 days for your help. Through number, you can connect with the team of well-brilliant and experienced Netgear Customer support team, who will give you the excellent guidance to troubleshoot this issue in an easy manner. In addition, you can avail the hasty support & services to fix other kinds of Netgear technical issues or errors. Hence, call now toll-free number for further Netgear related queries.